Following the interruption caused by COVID-19 pandemic, a new cycle of InGioco career guidance workshops will start in September. To find out more about the application procedure, please read the call below.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
IN GIOCO is a project implemented in the Municipality of Palermo, aimed at fostering migrant people’s access to career guidance services, enhance their opportunities into new fields and promote entrepreneurship through skills deepening and paths of self-enhancement. IN GIOCO is supported by Fondazione Con il Sud.
Art. 1 –Subject
SEND, as IN GIOCO project’s coordinator, in cooperation with Per Esempio Onlus and CESIE, is opening a call for participation in a training on secondary level job guidance training with the support of training counsellors and tutors in order to explore and develop one’s skills in facing the labour market’s issues consciously. Participants will be supported to understand what “soft skills” are, why they are so important in the labour market and how to recognise them and distinguish them from the “hard skills”. Innovative ideas in the social sector will be also explored, while stimulating the development of an entrepreneurial vision focusing on the distinction between various social enterprises.
The secondary level job guidance training is aimed to analyse participants’ interests and aspirations and support them to gain self-reliance in looking for new jobs. The understanding of one’s own needs and capabilities, along with the analysis of the labour market’s requirements allows the development of a greater research capability and increases the chances to find a job that matches with one’s own competences.
This call for applications will allow the selection of 20 foreign participants who reside in the Municipality of Palermo and are interested in undertaking a 38 hours secondary level job guidance training which includes:
- Practical activities allowing the exchange of views and the better understanding of one’s own competences. Some non-formal activities will be also carried out in order to foster a reflection on one’s own competences and aspirations, through discussions with others and self-reflection;
- Guided tour in established enterprises that will enable participants to discover new realities so as to stimulate self-entrepreneurship processes;
For further information about the call, please contact Marzia Campione of Per Esempio ONLUS, by sending her an e-mail at email@example.com or calling her at +39 392 4474527 (phone calls – SMS – WhatsApp).
Art. 2 – The training programme
The training programme will feature two 4-hour meetings a week for a period of five weeks. The second cycle of workshops will be followed by two cycles; therefore, if the number of applications exceeds the available places, participants will be able to apply again.
During the training hours all the necessary learning material will be supplied.
At the end of the workshops, participants:
- will receive a certificate of participation;
- will receive support so as to write/update their CVs;
The certificate of participation will be granted on the basis of the number of hours effectively attended, which will be verified by means of a daily filled out sign-in sheet by the classroom tutor. In order to obtain it, it will be necessary to attend at least the 70% of the total amount of hours foreseen for the training path.
Participants will be informed about the location and schedule of the meetings before the begin of the second training cycle in mid-September.
Art. 3 – Admission requirements
In order to access the selection, it is necessary to:
- have a good command of Italian language (B1 level), even if not certified;
- send the documents listed under Article 4.
Art. 4 – Terms of application
In order to apply for this call, it is essential to fill in and send out the application form by September 13th.
The application form can be:
- sent online by using the form available at the: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cGYPlpvpCprmbSANYn5X32t52SYdyKFzchyC0Vqaf94/edit
- handed over in paper form at the premises of Per Esempio Onlus, in via Saladino 3/5, 90134 Palermo, from Monday to Friday, from 10:30 to 13:00 from August 24th
The application form has to be filled in thoroughly. It is recommended to include a phone number that the applicant uses regularly, since they will be contacted via phone calls and messages.